Thursday, March 11, 2010

"It is what we do with what we are given that makes us who we are today"

“I can see, and that is why I can be happy, in what you call the dark, but which to me is golden. I can see a God-made world, not a manmade world.”
~Helen Keller~
“Life is not filled with disabilities at all, but rather more abilities.” ~Patrick Hughes~
Isn't it amazing how the true hero’s we as society search for in times of trouble are not found being chased by the paparazzi. I truly believe with this economy the hero's are not those with money, beauty, fame or mansions.
The true heroes are those men and women who have overcome the worst of situations and come out smiling that bring joy to us all and give us hope in life. It is those men and women who use their stories to remind us that no matter how many curve balls life throws at us, we will survive!
It is a woman like Helen Keller (who was became blind, deaf and mute at 18 months) and a man like Patrick Hughes (who was not only blind, but also crippled from birth) who gives me the inspiration to overcome anything and to see the blessings God gives me through the most painful times! Helen Keller and Patrick Hughes put life in to perspective and see life as a blessing, not a handicap.
Patrick not only survived, but came out rejoicing for what God has given him. If a man who is blind and cannot walk can smile and see the joy in what he was given. Then I who can see and walk will rejoice and be thankful for every obstacle that comes across my path in life!
I pray that you too will learn from Patrick Hughes and Helen Keller the most valuable lesson in life, “It is what we do with what we are given that makes us who we are today.” Choose to see the good in everything God has brought across your path. Just like my heroes’ Patrick Hughes and Helen Keller have done!!!




"Instead of comparing our lot with that of those who are more fortunate than we are, we should compare it with the lot of the great majority of our fellow men. It then appears that we are among the privileged."
~Helen Keller~

No comments: