Saturday, February 17, 2007

I'll do it anyway!!!

Hi everyone!

Here it is Saturday again. The week has gone by so quickly! When I woke up (at 4:30 a.m.) I turned on the light and began my daily routine of preparing for my usual week day....It wasn't until I was wide awake that I realized it was Saturday! LOL
I quickly jumped back in bed, put the blankets over my head and attempted to go to fall back into my dreamland! I was surprised when I woke up at 8:30am. I never sleep 12 hours! The busy week really did take a toll on my body. My week consists of working 9 hours, writing (the book with Sara) and taking care of the kids. Oh yeah and the 4 hours commuting to and from work. There never seems to be enough time in the day. On Saturday I make it a point to blog. I always try to contain all the details of my week in one post...however; it never seems to happen :).. we’ll see if I am successful today....

On Thursday night I was busy working on the book and these words kept repeating in my mind. "God is great, but sometimes life ain't good
And when I pray it doesn't always turn out like I think it should,
But I do it anyway, I do it anyway!!!"


In the past year I have struggled writing because of what others thought of me. But, I have come to realize that it is not important how others view me, but what God has requested of me. Once again the truth that I must obey God has been a reality I now accept...
That is until my strong will takes hold again :(



A friend drew this for me a few years ago...and yes it is her view of me as a child!

Have you ever gone through a period of time in which you were convinced if you refused what God requests, that somehow He would give in and let you live your life the way you truly believed was best? Over the last six months I have (once again) refused to yield to God. Yet, everyday I would pray, “God please help me get out of this situation, and I will do what ever you ask of me”. Then as soon as the coast was clear, I would take over the wheel of my life and continue down the road that I had chosen. Oh man! I just realized my children aren’t like me...I am like them!!! How embarrassing! I am an adult, yet, I continue to act like a child!
It is a good thing God has a sense of humor! LOL

But, after struggling with the bills, the kids disobeying, constant nightmares and many pouts of the stomach flu, I am going to do what He has requested. I am now working on my book and feeling a sense of relief!!! I know what you all must be thinking, “Here she goes again, talking about writing the book...making one promise after another...” But, with each new chapter I feel like screaming, “Yes! Thanks Lord! I knew we could do it God!”
I am (once again) aware that this book is not to please anyone here on earth; it is written because God sees those that need to be healed.....Those that are lonely, hopeless, and desperate for acceptance. This book is for the one person who happens to come across this blog or browse to the very back of a library. For those that refuse to pick up a bible because they feel ashamed may find hope through the pages I type...then see that it is safe to pick up the bible and come to the realization that God was there throughout the most difficult times of their lives.

Well, enough of the talk about the book...
This song is so inspiring! I can’t wait for it to come out in the store!!!!

Martina McBride

You can spend your whole life building something from nothing
One storm can come and blow it all away
Build it anyway
You can chase a dream that seems so out of reach and you know it might not ever come your way
Dream it anyway

Chorus:
God is great, but sometimes life ain't good
And when I pray it doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway, I do it anyway

This world's gone crazy and it's hard to believe that tomorrow will be better than today
Believe it anyway
You can love someone with all your heart, for all the right reasons, and in a moment they can choose to walk away
Love them anyway

Chorus:
God is great, but sometimes life ain't good
And when I pray it doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway, I do it anyway

You can pour your soul out singing a song you believe in that tomorrow they'll forget you ever sang
Sing it anyway, sing it anyway

I sing, I dream, I love, anyway
God is great, but sometimes life ain't good
And when I pray it doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway, I do it anyway!




Do it for God! I pray you find strength in these words :)

God bless!

No comments: