Monday, August 28, 2006

Laughter keeps me from crying....

I have been dealing with the frustrations of the school system. I have found the best way to cope with a situation I can't control is to laugh! So, that is exactly what I have been doing all day:D Before I tell you a joke I have to tell you why I am...(okay was) so angry at the schools. Well, the Highschool has demanded we give them $500 for the 3 girls in order to recieve any of their school books (spanish, history, math, etc.). We had to spend money on their notebooks, pens, etc. Which we already paid for before the first day of school. But, yesterday my girls came home in tears. They stated that a teacher told them they would fail if I didn't pay the school bill a.s.a.p! I am soooo angry at the fact that I planned on making payments and yet they refuse to work with me! The school staff said that we can pay the bill when we get the money. That they understand the situation I'm in. But, then right after that they said "But the girls will not recieve their daytimers (school schedule book tells them all the classes they need to be at, the school activities, and the set up of the school itself). And they cannot have their study books. So basically, my kids will be punished because we don't have the money right away!!!! So much for paying my tax's every year!! They tell people the public school system is better....I say, "Yea! Right!!! Whatever!!" Okay...I'm getting mad again...I need to go to this joke. I hope this helps all the mothers who are going through the same thing!!
Little Johnny Stands Up

A new teacher was trying to make use of her psychology courses. She started her class by saying, "Everyone who thinks you're stupid, stand up!"
After a few seconds, Little Johnny stood up. The teacher said, "Do you think you're stupid, Little Johnny?"

"No, ma'am, but I hate to see you standing there all by yourself!"

6 comments:

Karin said...

That joke is SO CUTE ... I love it!!! :)

Dear - I'm saying this out of experience: God gave you ONE SET OF NERVES ... don't waist them on morons, ignorants and situations you CAN'T change! Once a nerve is waisted - it won't grow back ... it's GONE!! They're NOT WORTH even ONE of your nerves! Try to look at the situation from this angel ... it might help!
I know these situations inside-out, believe me dear ... better that I want to! You'll find a solution, I'm sure - and then, on the way back home - buy yourself something yummy and repeat to yourself, not only they but NOBODY will EVER get you down - 'cause you're STRONG!! :)
Much love, LOTS of strength - and a BIG hug!! :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it frustrating to have to deal with the schools? I have never heard of anything like what you are experiencing, but I have had my share of complaints.
I suggest you make a phonecall directly to your district's Superintendent. And if he/she can't help, then contact the State...that's where the money for education comes from, and surely they can subsidize the cost of renting a textbook for a few weeks/months.
And Johnny is right, and I am glad he stood up wit his teacher....we are all dummies!:)

Diana Joy said...

Hi Karin:)
Nice of you to drop by! Yes, your right...I'm not wasting my time with such small things...but, sometimes it's good to just write it out! (Actually, I think one of my daughters is probably making a bigger deal out of it than it is). So, I can't let her know how angry I was. But, that's what blogging is for:) Get it out and move on with your day:) So, I did just that!! How's your day going? Actually I should say night huh?
Let's chat soon:)
XOXOX
(((HUGS)))
DJ

Diana Joy said...

Hi S!!!
Thanks for dropping by! Where is your new post kiddo??? Everything okay? I thought about going to the school Superintendent, but a ton of my friends have already gone there. Looks like they are reviewing the expectations put on the parents. We'll see? Atleast I know I'm not the only parent. And I really think one of my daughters is using this as a excuse so that she doesn't have to do her homework. Also, I just don't think it's the teachers making this mess. It's the school system all together. I'm sure the teachers are just as frustrated.
I imagine they have had to give alot of their own money to help students who will never be able to pay. We definitely need to redue the school systems here in Colorado!
Stay tune for more jokes!!
Miss ya!
Hugs and kisses!!
DJ

Neurotic Mom said...

Oh i love the little johnny joke, those are hilarious

Diana Joy said...

Yep!! I agree!!! They are the best cure when you're frustrated with life! You can't help but laugh!
((Hugs))
DJ