Saturday, July 15, 2006

When life throws you lemons...Make lemonade!

To every thing there is a season, and a time for every purpose under Heaven. A time to be born, and a die...A time to weep and a time to laugh.
Eccles. 3:1-2,4


This morning Chanel called me angry. She told me of how she confronted the nurse by saying, "You neglected my baby. Why didn't anyone change her...she was covered in urine and poop after just one hour." The nurse responded, "I am the only nurse on and I am told to change newborns every 2 hours."
Don't get me wrong I am thankful. Most of the nurses and Doctors at Denver General did an awesome job! Especially when the staff make next to nothing!! The majority of large cities do not have access to the quality of healthcare that Denver does. But, it is upsetting that due to the large amount of teen pregnancy's this is a situation that is almost impossible to avoid.
So, to make this short (without bashing any professionals) I thought I would share this article with all those who are struggling with poor healthcare, (the overwhelmed Doctors and nurses included).
Note: After reading this I found myself giggling. Laughter is a wonderful way to accept situations that are out of our control. I hope this helps you as much as it did me:) LOL

Saint Peter at the Pearly Gates

Three guys died at the same time and ended up in front of Saint Peter at the Pearly Gates. Saint Peter said to the first guy, "Why should I let you in?"
The guy answered, "I was a Doctor and I helped many people get well."
Saint Peter said, "Okay, you may come in."

Saint Peter said to the second guy, "Why should I let you in?"
The guy answered, "I was a lawyer and defended many innocent people."
Saint peter said, "Okay, you may come in."

Saint Peter then said to the last guy, "And why should I let you in?"
The guy answered,"Well, I was a Managed Health Care Professional and I helped to keep health care costs down."
Saint Peter thought about this a moment and said, "Okay, you may come in...but you can only stay three day!"

Author Unknown

No comments: