Saturday, February 10, 2007

These words were written when I realized God had a plan for my life. I have never forgotten the plan...but, the pain of losing the most important man in my life has caused me to run from what the Lord has requested of me....Please pray as I return to the path that He has set for my life. Also, pray for me to find healing with each word I type...
These words are written for you Gale....

I dedicate this book to a special person who had a mission. This is a man who looked at a small, nappy haired, angry child and felt her pain. Through one man, many unseen children have been seen. I need to say, “Thank you Gale for loving me!” You have and will continue to be a reminder of the true picture of Christ. You judge no one and welcome all into your house. To this day the first question you ask me is always the same, “How’s your mother, and the rest of your siblings"? Your unconditional acceptance is the gift you have passed down to me. With honor, I will embrace all the lessons I have learned. I pray I can walk in the footsteps you have walked. Through working with many unseen children, I can only imagine the pain you must have felt when I refused your love or trust through the years. The many nights when it would have been better to sleep in a warm bed, I would choose to be cold and alone. I witnessed your tears when the attempt to rescue me from more abuse was impossible. You waited patiently for me to return when I ran from you. You hurt for me when I refused to tell the secrets that could have stopped the abuse. Gale, I want you to know that I am thankful for many attempts to protect me. Love was always a feeling I longed for, but never thought I deserved. But the love in your eyes would replace the doubt I had in myself. I now know that you honored my fears and never gave me any reason to question your unconditional love. Your smile caused me to feel pure and special. With your eyes, I felt hope in my future. But, as I would walk away that feeling would soon be forgotten. After twenty five years you were still there. So much time would come and go, but yet the longing to see the acceptance in your eyes would continue to lie deep within me. When I was facing death at thirty eight, I ran to you. Feeling embarrassed by my cane, and my small fragile body, I struggled to walk up the sidewalk of the same blue house, once again you were there. This was one of the very few times in my life I aloud you to hold me. As your warms arms comforted me I felt hope again.

At this time in your life, as you watch your wife slip away, I see your pain and feel your loss. Tears swell up inside me as I see your helplessness. I respect you and know the pain is too hard to put into words. I see your sorrow and will now be there. I want to remind you of the words you spoke to me on the day when I felt alone with my illness and ran to you for comfort. I felt hopeless as I dropped my cane. You quickly wrapped your arms around me and said with tears in your eyes," Diana, if you go before I do, then wait for me at the gate of Heaven? If I go before you, I will be there to welcome you with open arms". All the pain will be forgotten and we will rejoice!" Gale you are the father I have always wanted and I say this to you. I know you will be leaving me here on this earth, but I rejoice at the moment you greet me in Heaven!!! It is because you obeyed God and were committed to look into the eyes of the unseen children of this world that I am committed that through this one unseen child your mission will continue....

No comments: