Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Note to God.....

It has been such an emotional week! Some of my closest friends and family members have called me screaming!
I don’t think they realized that they were yelling at me….It was just that I happen to be in the way as they were loudly telling the world how angry and afraid they were. I would be lying if I told you that I handled myself with grace and control over the last few days. I have to confess that my family received the wrath of all of my fears and frustrations regarding our future this week as well.
This afternoon after some of the chaos had dissipated; I realized that the one person who should be educated on what’s going in the world was not called upon. So, when the phone stopped ringing and the house finally became silent I began to write a letter to the big guy upstairs…..Yep! That’s right! It was time to tell God a few things that He must have missed while making His rounds through our neighborhood.
As I began to write I could feel the anger building inside me! So the first words I wrote were, “Where are you God!” Then I put down the pen and said, “Now Lord, I don’t want to tell you how to run the world….but, well you had better get down here and help me with these endless medical bills, make sure my husband isn’t the next one to be let go from his company and give me some peace from all the yelling!” (At this point I realized I was the only one screaming)…Within minutes my emotions went from anger to fear! My heart pounded as I started to think of what could happen to me and my loved ones if God didn’t stop the madness! And it was only after I allowed myself to feel the fear that the tears started to flow and I went from telling God how He needed to run the world to crying out to the Lord to rescue my family and friends from the overwhelming fear that lingers from house to house throughout our city. At this point I bowed my head and prayed, “God there is so many hurting children on the streets and parents suffering because they can’t afford to get medical care for their family because they too have no job. Lord help them…help us all”
When I opened my Bible I went directly to the words a special man read to me when I was young and living in fear, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7)

Because I truly believe that God uses music to speak to us, I will post this video as well. This girls name is Charice. She expresses so much emotion throughout the song! I love it!!!!

No comments: