Monday, October 23, 2006

Update on my little friend Sunshine!!!! Please pray for safety!!!

It is time to update you on my little friend from Iraq. Please continue to pray for her safety and the safety of her loved ones. Here is her last post. Written on Friday, October 20, 2006. Please go to her blog and drop her a note of support....

From the middle of the events ...
On Thursday, terrorists attacked the police station behind my house , it was a horrible day ..I couldn't sleep well at the night before because of bad flu, I woke up at 7 am , while I was still in my bed I heard VERY loud explosion but it seemed to be far away from my neighborhood. I left bed and went to the living room ,at 7:30 while my mom was preparing to go to work we heard many explosions with heavy shooting just behind our house , my brother ( two years and half) ran from his room , shouting , crying , and shaking " MAMMY , NO,MAMMY " , he was sleepy , my sister was also asleep she left her room crawling , we hide in my grandparents' guest room , my grandpa was in his work , as soon as he reached there, two vehicles exploded near al-mosul university , we were very worried about him. he saw the whole thing . in that horrible explosion 25 were killed and 38 were badly injured ,all were from Iraqi citizens.many rockets fall on my neighborhood and in other regions that day , 19 innocents died , thank god my family and I are ok .. the phone didn't stop ringing all day long, our relatives and friends were checking us..I called my friend" B" , she said that at 7:30 am , the police station near her house was attacked by terrorists too , a nearby neighborhood noticed a battle also, so I think the situation is horrible in Musol as a whole…There is a curfew , and it will last for some time, I guess..Last week , the terrorists wanted to occupy mosul , but they failed. They will NEVER win ..It was a tough week for me , in every day I spend at least an hour trying to find an open way to go to school , it has been a month since I started school , and until now , I didn't go to school easily.I saw a video in Nineveh TV .in which a brave Iraqi policeman suspected in a driver driving his car speedy and coming toward the police station , he shot the driver before reaching the police station , but unfortunately the car exploded , to kill the brave policeman , who saved many souls, I was very touched by this video, god bless the policeman soul..Oh , I heard so many tragic news this week !!!. I very much appreciate your concern about Mohamed, his family doesn't want money, they just want an organization can send their child to a good hospital , Mohamed is very sick , and he is getting worse, so please hurry up..Eid will be on Sunday or Monday , I wish from the bottom of my heart that we will not have a curfew , and I will enjoy Eid .I didn't have fun since my grandparents left us, the first day we will have a big family meeting in my dad uncle's house , I am eager .Sunshine ..

No comments: