Friday, July 21, 2006

Yes...I do love pictures!!


I have received a ton of mail lately regarding all the photos I have on my site. The reason I love to take pictures is because I believe that they are a way of freezing time. And for some an important part of healing.
When I had my first born son I found myself scrambling for pictures of my childhood. Suddenly, the very thing I ran from as a teenager, became a necessity to survive as a young mother. Over the years I have learned to value every photo. Each person has their own path to healing...mine was and is through pictures!
A friend of mine made this for me when I started my book. This helped me remember my past, cry many tears, and find healing through the eyes of each child. I will continue to take pictures and value the ones I have:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictures are a great way to know where one comes from. If we are lucky there is a legacy of pictures along with stories that can tell us about the love and life we lived with those we love and lived with.

Tomorrow sounds like a good days to pour over some photos of the sweetie and I. I have some serious things to think about. Perhaps the pictures will help me do what I need to do.

I love your constant source of inspiration. Maybe you're right, maybe it's time to start to write...I know I have a message, it's just whether anyone else will want to read it.

God Bless my Friend. Enjoy your weekend.....I am working on getting these clothes to you.
XXOO

Diana Joy said...

Hi S!
Yes...you should write:) I love reading your blog! You do have a message...actually many and I love to hear what you have to say! I hope everything is okay? I have to see Susie tomorrow...but, I will be back tomorrow night and we can chat then?
Sleep well!
DJ
XOXOXO